Our contact details
Name: Ideas Projects Limited (trading as Own the pitch)
Address: The Catalyst, Baird Lane, York, YO10 5GA
Phone Number: 03304303030
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment card details
We may also automatically collect certain information about your visit when you visit our website or use our applications/platforms. This information is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests to help us better understand how our customers use such platforms to enable us improve your experience of our sites and platforms and create better content and more relevant communications. Such information includes:
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins
- your journey through our digital platform, including searches you made on the website and other page interaction information
- how you have reached our digital platform
- information collected in any forms you fill out
- the internet protocol address you have used
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your plot purchase status
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our platforms.
If you apply for a job with us, we will use the personal information that you provide to process your application, to communicate with you regarding your application and to assess your suitability for the role.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- when you sign up with us to create an online account
- register to receive marketing communications from us
- enter one of our competitions or a competition operated by one of our partners
- when you purchase digital plots on our "own the pitch" spatial betting application.
We may receive personal data from organisations such as the police, other law enforcement agencies, the gambling commission and other sports clubs for the purposes of: (i) prevention and detection of crime; (ii) protecting the safety and security of persons (including our staff); (iii) preventing breaches of our terms and conditions and/or licences; and (iv) fulfilling an order you have made for a product or service.
We use the information that you have given us:
- to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into with us or our partners
- to operate, administer and provide products and services you purchase
- to carry out market research so that we can improve our products and platforms
- to provide customer support
- for safety and security purposes
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for identity verification checks
- for crime prevention and detection purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- for marketing purposes (but only with your consent)
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- if you apply for a job with us, to process your job application.
We may share this information with third parties:
- who carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and credit risk management companies and mailing houses
- if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so
- where necessary to enforce our rights, investigate breaches, protect the safety and security of individuals
- to assist law enforcement agencies, sporting authorities, the gambling commission and other regulatory bodies in crime prevention and detection
- to provide a product or service
- to take steps requested by you, such as entry into competitions run by third parties
- as permitted by applicable law
- such as sponsors and partners for marketing purposes, but only where you have consented to this
- interested in acquiring control over the company, investing in the company and/or purchasing all or part of the company's business and assets
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your information, you are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
- We have a contractual obligation (such as the fulfilment of an order or steps requested by you).
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. Access to such information is only allowed for those who need access.
Where a password is required to access your account, you are responsible for keeping that password safe. Do not share this with anyone.
We will retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfil the purpose for which is as collected and in accordance with applicable law. At the end of the relevant retention period, we will either delete or anonymise your personal data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] or Ideas Projects Limited, The Catalyst, Baird Lane, York, YO10 5GA if you wish to make a request.
Changes to this policy
This policy is constantly under review and we may change it from time to time. We recommend that you check this page periodically so that you can review the latest version.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected] or Ideas Projects Limited, The Catalyst, Baird Lane, York, YO10 5GA.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk